What to do when both my exes have the same lawyer

I have children with 2 different fathers both of whom I have visitation rights and they both are with holding my kids the oldest has turned her against me and completely trashes talked me the youngest is mad I took him back to court, I’ve filled from contempt on both and modification on both also my daughters father had a lawyer for years first and then my sons father just hired her, isnt that a conflict? also what motions can i file to get infront of a judge quickly the lawyer got in continued til a[ril and i initially filed charges in august on 2022

It would not be a conflict for the lawyer to represent both of the fathers.

It is very difficult to get a quick hearing in court. You will want to make sure you have temporary custody calendared for hearing if you don’t already have a temporary custody order. You may also be able to schedule a short review of temporary custody while you wait for the permanent custody court date.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

I don’t understand how it’s not a conflict she my daughter’s father has had her since 2013 and my son’s father has hired her once in the past and now, would it be considered a conflict to keep facts between the 2 separate cases SEPARATE. Its almost and abuse of power she got a continuous saying they wanted to go to mediation and that I wasn’t available for the original trial date which was not true, and I have text message proof they don’t want to mediate how can I get that continuance quashed?

You could file an objection to the continuance motion and argue to the judge why there should not be a continuance. If the judge has already granted the continuance motion, there is likely nothing you can do to reverse that.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.