When can I modify child support?

I started paying child support per my signed separation agreement in Dec. 2009, but the corresponding consent order wasn’t entered by the courts until the following July 2010. I’ve read I can modify the amount after 3 years - from which date is that relative to, separation agreement or consent order?

Thanks in advance!