Modification of Child Support

I have a consent order that is about three years old that states the amount of child support to be paid. This number was not based upon the child support worksheet.

What steps must be taken to file for a modification of support based upon the straight numbers in the worksheet? An attorney told me that because I agreed to a number via consent order, that I can never go back and file for a modification of support using the worksheet. Please advise.

Whether or not the parties agreed to a child support number, or it is calculated, you can move to modify support if you qualify (substnatial change in circumstances are present and it’s been 3 years since the last Order).