When do I send complaint and summons

File the papers with the clerk and the clerk will give you back the documents to serve on your spouse.

Good luck.

Lee S. Rosen
Board Certified Family Law Specialist
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I am doing a do it your self divorce and I am cofused on when to send the complaint and civil summons to my spouse before or after I file the papers with the clerk of court and do I send him the original or copies

Patricia H Guill