Wife Abandons Husband


Dear eman1971:

Greetings. First, if you did not review the separation agreement with an attorney prior to signing it, immediatley go and get it reviewed to determine what your rights and obligations are.

Next, I think you should ask for half of the time and I don’t think any judge would think you were selfish. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


If your wife moves into an apartment and takes your kids then two weeks later she tells you if you do not sign a separation agreement that she will sue you and you want be able to see your kids, is this legal. When she left I was devasted and the only thing I could think about was my kids so I signed the separation agreement then I found out she was having an affair and that is why she left. I am now going to court to get standard visitation which is every other weekend from 6 Friday to 6 Sunday and 2 weeks in Summer. I would also like to pick up kids from school once a week and keep for 4 hours to do homework and go to family counseling. Would a judge consider this being selfish on my part to get them an additional 4 hours a week. I would really like to pick them up from school once a week instead of just seeing them on the weekends. Any help would be greatly appreciated.