Wife left with the kids


If you cannot afford a lawyer, go to your courthouse and get the appropriate forms and file for divorce and make sure you include in the filing that you are accusing her of abandonment. I would also suggest that you sell the house asap before it is taken away and all equity is lost. Hopefully, if the house is sold and any equity gained, you can hire a lawyer.



Dear rik:

Greetings. I don’t know what you should do. I cannot advise you to take or reject the offer as I do not represent you. Ask me questions that I can answer about the law. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


Me and my wife have been out of work for (her) 2 years and me 1 year and a half. I have been in school full time and working a part time job, just to get the bills paid. My wife got a job 3 weeks ago, A week after she was hired, she moved out and into her mom and dads house and took my kids. She immediatly had everything cut off, had her mail forwarded, dropped ins on car and left me with every bill we had. Her mother says I can have everything(all unpaid for)I cannot afford a lawyer, for I draw 233 a week and have 1150 in bills to pay, Yes I am in the red.

I am supposed to be getting seperation papers any day, that gives me everything as long as I keep the payments up, the house is in her maiden name and my name isnt on it at all. We both have our names on a 2001 explorer, she says I have 1 year to refinance the explorer in my name and one year to do the same to house or they sell it.

she also has that I get the kids only every other weekend, fri and sat night…

What should I do???