A OF A - Criminal Conversion

I believe the time limit for AofA or CC is 3 yrs. If you have the money… DO IT!!! From the facts you have provided…You will win.

So… no lawyer has responded to my post? How much would it cost to take her to court for destroying my marriage, my life, losing my home, cars, my children in counseling, the aftermath has been soooo ugly. How can someone get away with doing this not only morally in this world but now I have to deal with her as my ex-'s new wife! Of course she baited him with financial offerings, taking my husband( with his consent of course in the long run) but then I had to drop out of school to support our family.

How much would this cost to persue a lawsuit against this homewrecker.

Ya know many married men have hit on me the past few years (even my ex) and I tell them “NO” move on to someone else, out of respect for marriage. Do women not have any morals? or men? Are there any morals left in the SOUTH?

One of the lawyers stated here recently that an A of A or CC lawsuit runs about $60,000.

If you keep replying to your own thread asking if lawyers are going to respond, they reply to your post last. I haven’t seen any lawyers posting here for a while, but have patience…someone will.

Dear ex-student:

Greetings. Yes, you can sue her for alienation of affection and criminal conversation, but the better place to get funds would be from your ex through alimony. clancygus was right that it would be about $60,000.00 to have a full trial in superior court with a jury, etc. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Per our original Judge who believed my ex to be at the time, the judge did not believe what he did when and how he left.

I understand alimony, but is it not on based on the ability to pay?

Now that all the facts/truth had come out, can I still ask for it? I asked a long time ago at the divorce hearing (final) the judge then told me she would allow that to stay an option.

His new wife makes over 80K a year, the date of the childs birth (born while we will still legally married) also stated in our child custody hearing documents and his new marriage is on file (publically) I have so much proof from pictures, phone records, witnesses, she persued him too. Is there no real justice in all of this? I refuse to believe evil prospers, especially what they have done. Could I file and stand in court on my own and win a case like this?

Hi ex-student
I am sorry that your piece of S!@# EX did that to you. My piece of S!@# soon to be ex did all most the same and I am go for the AOA & CC and I hope I win against that sorry SOB. I like what you wrote about morals in the South I feel the same as you.
This will soon be over for me and her the week I go to court for CS and the sep agre I do not see her point on going to court she is the one at fault not me the worst part are the children. Looks like they will be with me and not her and this is what I want more then anything right now next will be a new life with a new wife.
I hope you get what you want and most of all I hope you win and get as much from her as you can you are not the one at fault both of them are and they should pay not just in the pocket but like you said MORALS they will pay when time takes them and they must answer to a higher up. Life will go on and get better for you trust me it took alot from me but my out come is what I am looking at.
Always be happy and love life
Bye for now

Dear ex-student:

Greetings. What legal action are you talking about taking? Not to be funny, but there is no action that I know of that you can take against your spouse for your emotional pain and suffering. EVERYONE that goes through divorce has this to some degree or another. Clearly you have had a very difficult time. You may be able to obtain alimony, so check into this.

Don’t be disillusioned by all men and women…I work with many fine people every day as clients that are hurt and looking to start over again with someone that is honest and trustworthy. Just look for someone like that and pray for them to cross your path. God bless.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

i was with you, feeling your pain, until your third post. how naive do you think the reader’s of this forum are?

as soon as i read that the judge denied your request for alimony, that told me that you weren’t as goody-two-shoes as you are trying to make yourself out to be. in MY experience, i have only seen judges not award alimony to a woman if the woman has been unfaithful in the marriage. if that’s the case here, i’m surprised your ex didn’t ask and receive alimony from you. a judge is exactly that… someone put in the position to weigh the testimony of individuals and JUDGE who is more believable. it’s obvious who she believed here. i simply cannot imagine a judge saying “well um how about if i say no for now. but if you want to try later then i might say yes”.

come on now ex-student. what are you trying to hide from us? not “all the facts/truth have come out” from you, have they?

Moreover, consider this case, dismissing claims for alimony after the judgment of divorce.

ibiblio.org/pub/docs/nc-supr … 93/stegall

Okay most of you who replied must have not read the post very well …I have a pending alimony claim that was not denied, POST support was during the hearing due to my ex’s slimy attorney trying to make me look bad…(that was his job) of course and he did it well, but is a HUGE LIAR…and eventually was “let go” by my ex just like his past 3 attorneys now.

Well…i have a claim pending and going to court soon.

Matador, by the way, the judge was a man not a woman, and a ex cop, and my ex- is a cop and the Judge at the time was rude and foul and was a real jerk. Thank God he is not in the court room any more! We were assigned another judge and thank God he saw the “truth”

Hopefully this is the last step, now that I have custody of the kids, which my ex claims he has no time for the one who is his…yes I had other children before we were married for 12 yrs. However for the 12 years my ex helped raise them too.

No one is perfect…however I honored my vows of marriage.
My ex by the way cheated on me more than 3 times

Hi ex-student
I feel what you are saying move on with yourself and pull together he is a low life and loser and he will do this again it is an EGO thing for these sick people. My ex is sick and she know she messed up and family and her self I let her go and for good I would never ever take her back this person is a complete loser and a lair she even did it on the stand in front of the judge and on the book.
I am going for as much as I can get from her and her loser boyfriend and I can not wait to take his butt to court and win and I hope I can get as much as I can get from him too.
Am I mad no I am very happy and I found out a lot about me and this is the best part as for the ex she see me and she is pissed off about it because she looks at ther self and WOW does she look bad looks a lot older then she is but hey what can I say I did not do it she did and I can say she had it coming to her.
Life will keep on going as it did for me and I am vey sure it will just give it time and let it go
Bye for now

ex-student, you obviously can’t keep your own facts straight… in your 11/07/2005 post, you wrote “the judge then told me SHE would allow that to stay an option.”

didn’t you have a chance to defend yourself in court? don’t try to play the poor victim. there are 2 sides to every story and the judge listened to both and made HIS decision.

once again, i don’t believe an ounce of your story. i can’t see a judge hearing that you never cheated and your ex did yet didn’t award you pss.

what ground was the divorce granted on? was it an absolute divorce (no-fault) or a divorce from bed and board - the two types of divorce in NC? it sounds like to me it was the latter. if that’s the case, who was the plaintiff in the divorce? it sounds like it was him.

You must personnaly know about this case…cause there are some things you have said that I never revealed. Are you the homewrecker and a sorry excuse for a woman? No one asked for your opinion. But it’s cool…my ex cheated more than 3 times…and I am so much better off without him. Get this…even when we were apart we were having amazing sex…then his new child was born…and he still tried to have sex with me until I got a clue…Go figure…he has not changed…thank GOD I have…

I have a plan of action and if you are the homewrecker get ready…I’m not seeking revence…just justice for what you “thought” you had the right to do…it took two of you…hope you are miserable…like he made me…LOL

Hi Ex-student
Sorry for this but you have alot of hate in you just like my ex has for me and I did nothing but try to get us going but it never happened I know it takes two to start and two to end. I am too am very happy that it is over and to find out how much a loser she is.
Ha and to think I would have taken her back boy I am gald I did not there is a new wife for me out and soon we will meet but until then I will wait.
Yes I am doing the same thing you are doing taken that S!@# to court and I hope I can get everything that he owns. But one thing I did do that you should do let it go move with life there is to much out there and to many good men out there that would love to see you.
Bye for now

My ex-husband of 12 years, left with his paramour on Christmas Eve of 2003, she came to our family home (3 children witness this) and I took pictures. I knew of her only 2 months prior. We were legally separated 12/24/2003 and divorced in Feb 2005.
They had a baby born January 2005 (conceived around end of March 2004)

I had to drop out of nursing school due to my financial situation and go back to work full time making $10 per hour. Do I have any legal right to sue the paramour? We lost our home, had to move, i beg my husband to come back. She own