Adultry

Hello Baba
This must have happened to you just like me and I asked the same question nothing will happen why! there are to many real crimes out there, this is what I was told, the DA may look at the case but what is he going to do nothing he has more cases to handle. I feel this crime should be delt with to the max. We the victims are the ones who must pay and live with. The person who did the crime gets away with it this is not right.
I wish I could do something about this but what can I do we as victims are the ones who have in been hurt the most. I wish I was wrong by saying this becuase I would real like to have my now ex put away but I know it will not happen.
But one thing that this person will know they must live and look at themself for the rest of ther lives and they know what they did and in long run they will pay and you and I will see that happen to these people who did a very bad crime.

Yes adultery is illegal in NC. It is a misdemeanor and is rarely prosecuted. I would say that would be up to the DA or ADA if to file charges. If you know it’s being committed…hmm…never thought about having them arrested. I suppose you could contact them and see. What is the normal punishment for misdemeanors…a ticket?

quote:
[i]Originally posted by stepmother[/i] [br]Yes adultery is illegal in NC. It is a misdemeanor and is rarely prosecuted. I would say that would be up to the DA or ADA if to file charges. If you know it's being committed....hmm....never thought about having them arrested. I suppose you could contact them and see. What is the normal punishment for misdemeanors....a ticket?

This makes me sick that adultry is taken so slightly even when there is a law against. I have since found out that it may be a ticket for about $250.00 if you can find a police officer to write it.

Has the attorney represented anyone in such a case?

I realize that adultry will only gives the dependant spouse alimony, which we will be thankful for. I hate going to work and suppliment the income, to put my kids in day care instead of their mother taking care of them. The adulterer’s should be held more accountable for their actions. These people have no integrity, self respect and are narcissistic.
I guess what goes around comes around and I hope that it hits them hard and they know/feel the pain that they caused on the people that loved and cared for them while they lied in your face, spent time with their mistress instead of the kids and now want what “they” want.
During this season of Lent I hope they all know and feel suffering.

Baba,

Sadly, the law does not care about adultery and neither do the judges. My ex pretty much walked away unscathed. Yes. I received alimony, but the alimony is minimal. 6.5% of his income. I did not receive 50% of the property. He did all of these terrible things…took every dime of the money, cancelled the credit cards on me, wrote me a check that he turned around and stopped payment on, took the cash out of my purse and then went to the other woman. I had no job, no money, nothing. It was two months after the separation before I got any money at all…with two kids to raise… while he turned around and bought a 250,000 house. And in the end, he kept over 90% of his income. I’m paying the price now for what he did. Forced out of my home of 20 years because I could not afford to keep it. Working full time after 20 years out of the workforce while he is on track to retire early. Because I lived a “frugal” life during the marriage, I’ve been condemned to live it forever while the girlfriend(s) benefit. Just doesn’t seem right.

Yes it is a crime, it is the choice of the individual officer or prosecuor to decide whether or not to bring charges.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

If adultry is a crime in N.C. - is it really “punishable”? When you know it’s being commiteed will a police officer arrest the party and what really are the ramifications of this crime?