Advice needed: I put wrong name on complaint

Dear tormula49r:

Greetings. You need to amend the complaint and the summons. Good luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I need some advice. I mistakenly put my wifes old name on the complaint that I have already filed.

She partialy took my name after we married, she changed her drivers license and SS card (three weeks before we seperated), but she continued to use her old nearly everywhere, so I usually thought of her with her old name.

When I filled out my complaint I accidently put her old name. On the summons I put her married name. This is already filed, and I have got a court date next week.

how big of a problem is this? How can I fix it?

Thanks for any help!