Alienation of affection

Dear ILMG:

Alienation is about the damage done to the marriage, not the damage caused from divorce. Hope that helps.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

If a man changed his mind and decided to not leave his wife for me, how can I be sued for alienation? He only alienated her for a couple of months, not for life. What is the deal with that.