Alimony extension

I was awarded alimony in my divorce. It is set to expire in March 2013. I have no education and will not be done with school (which I attend full time) for another year. Is it possible to ask the court for an extension (if my ex husband is unwilling to extend it) just until I am done with school? If so what steps do I need to take?

It depends on the terms of your agreement or order, but if it is modifiable, you would need to file a motion to modify.