Back Alimony payments

I am finally getting alimony through wage garnishment moving forward…now I need to get back alimony which ex has not made any attempt to send to me. What options would a judge give him to repay the back alimony…he already is making monthly payments to pay the lawyer’s fee…I need this money as much as he may but how do I get it from him…Can I get interest on this as well? Thanks!!

It depends on whether the alimony award is a part of an order or an agreement. If it’s part of an agreement, you can take him to court for breach of contract and get a judgment for the back alimony. If the alimony is a part of a court order, you can go in for a motion for contempt to ask that the court award a monthly amount for arrears.