Can a child divorce a parent?

Sounds like you are familiar with a series of cases, the most notable in Florida, where that very thing happened. Not so in our conservative North State. However, the facts that you described sounds like you, the parent, have a case to request termination of the "deadbeat

My son never wants to see his father again and wants his stepfather to adopt him. He is 12 years old and had bad experiences while staying with his real father during visitation. Exposed to drugs… His father has not called or paid child support in a long time. Because he has active criminal cases that are being continued, I have sole custody until he is found guilty or not guilty. Is there any way to get him out of our life now??