Can I talk to his attorney?

This is an offshoot of a previous question. I have an open case to modify child support with a temp order in place and a next hearing date of 11/8. I initiated the case through child support enforcement. I do not have a private attorney, but my ex does. May I communicate directly with his attorney given that I do not have private representation to try to settle some issues regarding expenses outside of court or os that forbidden? Thanks in advance!

You can initiate contact to the opposing party’s lawyer. The attorney for Child Support Enforcement represents the Department of Social Services and not necessarily you.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.