Changed My Mind

I consulted with an attorney for representation in the divorce and then paid the retainer. I’ve not heard anything from the attorney in over a month. My husband and I have worked out an agreement and I no longer need the attorney. Am I eligible to receive a refund? How do I stop proceedings with the attorney I’ve retained?

You can notify the attorney or his/her office by email or phone that you no longer wish to proceed and would like a refund of the unused portion of your fees.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.