Chid supports

Child support paperwork was filed about two years ago. However, I never received any payment from children father. I filed again on the website today , since my other child will be living with me 80% of time. Any advice would be helpful. My attorney seems like, he is not prioritizing case. He doesn’t even answer my emails on time.

Thank you so much

If you filed through your county’s child support enforcement agency (CSE), then you will need to contact your agent about the status and see if they proceed with contempt for nonpayment assuming you have a child support order entered.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.