Child aging out

My daughter is turning 18 and currently is not in school. My ex wife claims she is taking GED online classes and that I have to continue to pay until June, which is when she may take the GED. Do I have to continue to pay after 18 even if she is not enrolled in a school?
Does the modification have to be done through court or is there an easier way to modify the agreement?

Yes if she is pursuing a GED the child support obligation is still in place. According to NCGS § 50-13.4, the obligation continues: “If the child is still in primary or secondary school when the child reaches age 18, support payments shall continue until the child graduates, otherwise ceases to attend school on a regular basis, fails to make satisfactory academic progress towards graduation, or reaches age 20, whichever comes first, unless the court in its discretion orders that payments cease at age 18 or prior to high school graduation.”