Child cus/divorce

It is very unlikely he will get sole custody even if you DID have an affair. Number one: he has to prove that you did have one–he can’t just claim it. And friends and relative statements are heresay without evidence. I would keep everything you accumulate as evidence concerning his drug use. I would wonder if you having possession may make it look as if YOU had the drug problem though. Angry folks will threaten and claim anything when pushed. If you had to work 2 jobs, then your employee work record will back you up.

Don’t let him get to you. He will have to have evidence to back up such statements. So if you haven’t done anything he’s claimed, then you have nothing to worry about.

whether or not you or he cheated during your marriage has nothing to do with custody. Those are 2 separate issues. If however you endangered your children in someway or were using drugs or committing crimes it is a different story.
You can have people testify or write up letters for you to support you and your work ethic, parenting etc.
Don’t let him try and scare you.

When the court determines custody it is concerned only with information that affects the children. His drug use certainly will be an issue that could affect the children, you can get his medical records by issuing a subpoena to the hospital or sending a discovery request to your Husband and asking him to produce the records. The hospital will object to the production of the records and you will most likely need to have a hearing and get the judge to order the production of the records.

You should not brings drugs or drug paraphernalia to court.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

do i need to worry about my ex getting friends and family to bad mouth me by clamming I was cheating during the marriage. But this is not true. He is trying to get sole custody of or kid’s says I was never home. But i held down 2 jobs when we need money, while he had one. He has had drug problems in past with a visit to the emergency room as a result of him using. Do i need to get his records and if so how do i attain them. When I moved out of the house i took all kinds of drug paraphernalia he has used will I need this when it comes to court