The judge can order any custodial arrangement he believes to be in the best interests of your children. Did you attempt to flee to Michigan with the children? If so that may be the reason the visitation was limited. I cannot offer any further insight without reviewing your order.

P.S. Please feel free to bring up this or any other topic on our live call-in show every Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. EST. Visit for details

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

I’m the mother of three minor children and I had always been a stay at-home mom since I’ve moved here in NC on May 2002. On June 2, 2008, I tried to leave my husband, and naturally I had to take my 3 children with me. But, he chased us, all the way to Michigan with a TEMPORARY court order; telling me to settle this in NC…(resident-6 months or more). Now, we’re back here in Hoke County,Raeford, NC going through children-custody, divorce, marital assets division, and post spousal support. Right now, my husband have TEMPORARY custody of my three children, and I only have a couple of hours visitation rights on 21 June 2008. I’m staying at the Women’s Domestic Violence shelter since 12 of June 2008. I went to court twice, already with no legal representation, because I can not afford a lawyer. In the meantime, my husband had hired a lawyer since April 2008. So, the court order said"I can not contact my children, or be around where my children are, and I should stay away from my own premises", I guess to give him some time to move. What ground does the Judge used to KEEP ME AWAY FROM MY CHILDREN. The law, is for the best interest of the children, not to separate the biological mother, I’m always been the primary care-giver of my three children. So I have no idea what kind of Law they are using over here, in Hoke County. Not only, they have violated all my parental rights, they did not even appoint a lawyer for me, knowing I can not afford one. I have not gotten in touch with my children since, 21 June 2008. So maybe you can give some opinion about this. I also, have to write to the Congressman in NC. about it.
Thanks again,