Child molester and custody/visitation

If your ex husband is a convicted sex offender it is unlikely that he will receive unsupervised visitation with your children. However, you need to make sure that you do not leave the children alone with him, ever for any amount of time, for any reason.

If you left them alone with him it places you in jeopardy of losing your children for failing to protect them.

Please do whatever it takes to ensure that you do not end up in a relationship with him again, doing so can place your custody of your children in jeopardy. You obviously recognize that it is not healthy and there are a lot of great counselors that can help you have the strength to stick to your convictions.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Voice: 704.307.4600
Main Fax: 704.943.0044

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Do you think he will get supervised vists? If so is there anyway to prevent it?

I have a great theapist so no worrys on a relast of judgement… Father was dying and lots going on…

Vicki Stanley

The court will look at the kind of treatment he has received since the molestation occured. I think the court would base it decision on how much risk they feel the children would be in during a supervised visit and what measures your ex has taken to reform his behavior. Whenever possible the court will try to promote the relationship between children and their parents, unless they find that the relationship would be harmful in some way.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Voice: 704.307.4600
Main Fax: 704.943.0044

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Ex husband molested our oldest child that was 5 years old. He went to prison for it for 2 1/2 years. When I got my divorce he was awarded no custody or visitation of any kind with the girls.

Fast forward years later… I made a mistake… Got with him because I thought I still loved him…My father was dying and was in and out of ICU for months…Was NOT thinking straight at all… Now we have a 21 month old son that he wants custody of. One of the reasons he gave was he wants a relationship with the minor child. We still have another minor child that lives with me that he is not fighting for and never has…All of this started after I went for child support.

He has not acknowleged the older kids since March of last year and has not seen the baby that I was taking to see him off and on (he was not allowed to hold him because I don’t trust him) since Oct of last year when he told me they were getting back together.

We were never back together as a family and I did try to get him into counseling because we do have kids together to work on issues including his drinking and he would not go.

He has remarried his 2nd wife for the 2nd time (he was made to choose between the kids and her and at the time chose the kids) and they just had a little girl last week even though she knows what he has done.

What do you think his chances are of any type of vistiation or custody?