Child Support Case

I am currently military and North Carolina is my home of record. I am currently residing in Illinois finishing out my military contract. I am filing for divorce here and will be paying child support for 4 children. The rates here are crazy because they are set @ 40% of the gross income. So when my kids and x wife move back to North Carolina can I have my case transferred and get child support readjusted to North Carolinas standards since I will be living there permanently? If it matters, we were married in North Carolina. I am asking this question because I have overheard fellow military members saying that I cannot transfer my case and file for a modification of child support amount according to the state I reside in at that point in time.