Child support non vs custodial parent question

Is there ever a situation where a noncustodial parent would be paid child support by the custodial parent? Custodial parent has 293 over nights and primary physical custody and non has 72 overnights.

No, when using Worksheet A of the North Carolina Child Support Guidelines (at least 243 overnights with one parent), the custodial parent would not pay the noncustodial parent child support.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Thank you for responding.
Susie

Below is a precedent case that took place in IL

In re Marriage of Turk, 2014 IL 116730

You should be able to Google it. My Chicago attorney is citing it in my case, as my ex reports $20,000 a month and I make about $2000. I can barely afford the transportation costs (almost as much as my rent) let alone have any money to do pay for anything when I do have her.

If you are both in the same state, I don’t know…obliviously what Anna replied is foremost, but depending upon your situation I can’t believe that one parent should suffer to the point of the possibility of not affording to see their child, when the other parent can clearly make it possible – what is in the best interest of the child is supposed to be both The Courts and both parents priority.

Oh we make about the same so there’s not that much difference.