Child support payment help

My name is Justin Richards. My wife and I are separated but have no legal agreement. I was wanting to know how much I should pay her per month for child support. We have 3 children. I live in Ohio and the children live with her in North Carolina. My monthly gross income from my job is $1440. I also get compensation through the VA but wasn’t sure if that would factor in. I could really use some help please. Thank you.

Be sure to check out our Child Support Calculator. North Carolina child support law would apply since your children reside in NC.

Your VA payments count as income to you.

Make sure you use gross income figures only when you input income in the calculator.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.