Child Support Questions


Dear Tammy:

Greetings. Child support is not considered to be income. Yes, if the day care expenses no longer exist, child support can be modified. If the child support is paid pursuant an order, a motion to modify may be filed. Best of luck … and thanks for the appreciation.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.



I would like to know if a person paying child support, also receives child support for children from a previous marriage, does this have to be added in as wages or other when child support is determined.

Also, if a person is paying child support and the child begins school and is no longer in day care, will the child support be lowered?

I do appreciate your time.