Child Support

Dear rjdeviner:

Greetings. It depends…if you have a separation agreement, you will need to look to the terms of the agreement. If you have a court order, you may want to try a Motion to Modify Child Support. Finally, you will also want to let your ex know why you are seeking to decrease the child support and possibly work out a long term solution if your income will fluctuate. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I am self employed and last year and the year before I grossed about 100k. Thi year, however It will be much less about maybe 60k. How do we figure child support. Also by law do I need to have life insurance.