Child support

The paying spouse has no control over how the child support payment is to be spent. In fact the paying spouse has no authority to unilaterally adjust the child support payment without permission of the court. Anything they have deducted is thereby delinquent. I hope this helps.

Richard “Bert” Diener
Attorney
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.256.1535 direct voice
919.787.6668 main voice
919.787.6361 main fax
www.rosen.com

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

thank you, bert–that helps tremendously—you would think that my ex would have realized this—he is an attorney—he even put this in writing!loganb58

It can be extremely annoying when someone takes out your child support by their own decree. I hope that you have gotten your funds back!

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 200
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

please reply—i posted this on 2/6/04----can an ex-spouse automatically deduct an amount from child support and designate how much of it is to be spent on a clothing allowance for 3 children? it certainly is not in our divorce decree. i am posting this undeer legal issues—thanks–loganb58 (i had previously posted it under emotional issues)