Contact Limitations

Dear fredsmith04:

Greetings. It may be tortious interference with someone’s employment, but you will have to check with a criminal attorney to figure out whether or not it is illegal. I would tell you that it is ill-advised. Also, you may want to hire a private investigator. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


My wife is currently travelling with another Man. I have tried repeatedly to contact them via his cell phone and have left messages for him to have her call home. She has not returned my calls. I dont know for sure he is even telling her that I have called.

My question is – would it be illegal for me to contact his manager at work, tell him what is going on, and ask him if he has another way to contact them? I would not tell the manager anything that was not fact, but simply that one of his employees is with my wife and I am unable to contact her.

Might seem desperate, but would it be illegal?