Crazy bio. mom..can she do this!?

I’m not an attorney but if she paying through Child Support Enforcement go to your local CSE office and have them enforce the order, and the order is over 3 years old ask for a review of her income, just because the child is in the hospital dosen’t mean she can stop paying I beleive … This website has alot of info also

Disbelief in the system

thanks for the info. these are probably the people we need to get in touch with monday.

She has no choice to pay if its a court order is she paying you or paying though the state hope its though the state if so call up and find out she will out as a dead beat parent bye bye jail time for her and if over 3years look at her income my increase the CS hope you get it
Goodluck to you sorry about the child again good luck

She is paying through the state so i don’t see how in the world she thinks she can do that without going through the big court hoo haha.
thank you we are trying to get our child help but with someone like this on your back doing things for herself and not really thinking what it could be doing to the child it makes it makes it difficult.

Jamie Whitley

Dear frustrated4904:

Greetings. She cannot stop paying child support or pay it to the child in the hospital. Immediately file a Motion to Show Cause. Good luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I will make this long story short. My boyfriend has custody {since she was 2} of his 13 year old child. Mother has been gone 10 years, Mother takes dad to court {out of the blue} for visitation, mom gets it, that was 4 years ago, child has been diagnosed with ADHD, ODD and possibly bipolar {another really long story}. A month ago she was admitted to a mental hopital. Mother has only been paying 56.00 a month child support and calls and informs us today that the child support was going to be put on hold and then says that she was going to give it to the child in the hospital?? now i dont think she can do this but i have seen her pull the wool over may peoples eyes, and she has a long history of lying, but we can’t afford attorneys like she has somehow been able to do and we don’t know the law. My question is can she stop a court ordered child support payment without anyone notifying us? She said she did it becouse “the child is not in the home and because the child may be going into a group home for a while it was her right”