Credit Reports

My husband continues to not comply with the discovery request. He has not provided his critical reports. This is critical because I suspect he has been hiding assets. How can I know what assets we truly have during this 19 year marriage if he is not complying. He wants to setlle without priviing this information. A forensic accountant in my hometown states this is a must have.

He makes 3 times as much as me. He has financial and emotional abusive over the years. We have been separated over a year in Dec. I want to get this over with but he just dont comply.

I have paid over 39,000.00 and I have not had a permanent hearing for custody, child support,alimony or ED. Just feel like I am being robbed legally and getting know where.

The best way to get this information is file litigation against him (if you haven’t already, but it sounds like you have already done this) and issue formal discovery requests to him. These would be interrogatories and requests for production of documents and things. Sometimes requests for admissions can be useful too.

If he is not fully complying with the discovery requests, then you can file a motion to compel him to respond. This is heard in front of the judge and the judge can court order him to comply.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.