Data on Parent Coordinator and Divorce costs

Good Morning, there seems to be lots of data from the lawyers and PC perspective on use of parent coordinators, but little to none data from the perspective of total cost to parents. Can anyone direct me to that data? Also would like to know what the checks and balances there are for PCs in NC. NC PC statute gives PCs immunity that is supposedly offset by limited abilities to make any legal changes. In my experience two separate PCs made changes through the Notice of hearing process the cost required of which totaled in tens of thousands of dollars.

I watched horrified twice in Wake County family court where children were put in foster care on the basis of judges chambers testimonies that were never admitted into court record. The judge threatened that to my children too as a means to deal with parent issues. I wonder how often that ploy with using the children as pawns for adult issues happens.

Looking for data on numbers of parents with PCs, total cost of PCs and if you know of any other children put into foster care for divorce custody issues?

Parenting coordinators (PCs) can be very helpful in reducing disagreements and promoting healthy communication between two parents in a high conflict custody situation. Each parent does have to pay for the PC (the cost is divided equally unless the parents agree otherwise or the judge orders differently).

I do not have any specific data or resources for your request.

Children are not put into foster care in family court. This can only happen if there has been an abusive or neglectful environment for minor children, and all such matters must go through Child Protective Services and their social workers and the special abuse/neglect/dependency court.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.