Did I miss a form?

So Im from Hickory NC… I went and got the DIY divorce forms… and filled them all in… turned them into the court house… and they gave me the copy to send to my husband… I read on here we can send them if there out of state by registered/certified mail restricted return receipt… So I did… and he received them and I got my green copy back… I filed that today with the court and she told me I needed the white summons paper to… but isnt that for if hes served by the police? Was my spouse supposed to send the white summons paper back? was I actually able to mail them?? Man I hope I didnt mess up!

No, the summons must be served with the Complaint no matter how service is effectuated. You can simply send out another copy of the Summons and Complaint to the Defendant.