Divorce from overseas--time sensitive response please!

Hello, I was married in NC a few years ago, and have been living overseas( Lebanon-middle east) for a little over 2 years now. I have a 4yr old daughter. My husband and I decided that we would transition to live overseas with me and our daughter going first and then he follows. He has never followed and has visited only 3 times during those 2 years. So effectively we have been separated for about 2years. He still lives in NC. He announced a few months ago that he has left me and my daughter and wants a divorce. I currently work overseas as a teacher and my daughter is learning at the same school. I would like to file for divorce, and make sure I get full custody of my daughter ( my husband has expressed no interest in wanting custody of our daughter). Can I begin the paperwork now from overseas, or do I have to be in NC in person? My brothers live in North carolina and have said they would help in any way they can.

If my husband comes overseas first and fills for a divorce here, I might not be able to leave the country, or atleast my daughter might not be able too-although we are both US citizens. What options do I have? I need to act quickly. I am trying to get a plane ticket for both of us within the next 2weeks if I can find a spot. Also, if I have full custody of my daughter, can that be challenged when I return to back overseas?

I want custody of my daughter and I would like my fair share of our estate: A small home, some savings, and possibly part of a business, unless he changed everything over to his name already.

Any advice would be wonderful… thank you in advance.

The property issues will have to be decided by a North Carolina court, the divorce can be handled in NC as well. As for custody, I would suggest you consult a lawyer who is familiar with international law to determine the proper forum.

The property issues will have to be decided by a North Carolina court, the divorce can be handled in NC as well. As for custody, I would suggest you consult a lawyer who is familiar with international law to determine the proper forum.