Ex Wife not complying to court order


My ex wife is not complying to the court order that states we should share transporting the kids during visitation. I’ve been picking the kids up and dropping them off even though the court order says that I should only pick them up. Her excuse is that she doesn’t have the gas money. She says that if I don’t like it take her back to court and that even if I do the judge will only say that we must meet halfway (i have this in an email). Am I wasting my time by going back to court? And if I do…do I need to file a “show cause”? Thank you in advanced.


Yes, you can file a motion for order to show cause and seek to have her held in contempt for failing to abide by the terms of your court order. The judge can force her to comply with the order; the powers of contempt include jail time so I imagine your ex will take this matter seriously.