My daughter’s father and I, are not together anymore. It’s been over a yr since he has seen us both. He refusing to have anything to do with us. Going back to court to do DNA since he didn’t stick with agreement.
My questions are this.
I went to his house on father’s day so he could see our daughter. His oldest son slams the door in our face. I walk across the street to his girlfriends house, (who by the way is married too). I ask her to have him come out so he can see her for a few minutes. He said, NO, go home to your husband. That if I didn’t leave he was calling 911 on me.
- Was I in the wrong for doing that? Could he have called the police on me, if that wasn’t his house?
I told his girlfriend that it wouldn’t be wise of him to do that. The military would find out he has a report on him as well and he would get in trouble for sleeping (again) with a married women. She blew up and told me this.
I did a back ground check on you. Yes, you do have a clean record, but I know you like to get people in trouble for trespassing. I said to her, what? I have never done that. She said your ex husband? I said no, I don’t know what you are talking about? She said then I guess it was your neighbor. I said I don’t know.
- Why would she do a back ground check on me? What gives her the right to even do that?
I have the gult feeling he is going to be with her (her husband makes really great money) and they are going to try to take my daughter away from me. My daughter is only 20 months old. He hasn’t been in her life since she was almost 6 months old.
Can this happen? If he has refused and told so many people that she is not his (but he knows 100% she is, he is only protecting his military career retirement) can he take her away from me?
If I have been trying to get him to see her, also call or email him to let him know what is going on with her, also told him what the Dr’s need from him, but yet he won’t do it, can he really take her from me?
We went to court in May for DNA. His attoreny requested that we wait until he retires in Dec 09 to proceed, so he doesn’t get in trouble with the military for lying about him being the father, etc. The child support division came to me and asked me if they pay $$$$$ a month, will I hold off until Dec? I said NO, that the Dr’s have been waiting for a thelemessia test work up from him since she was 8 months old. Military won’t help, unless there is a DNA done. I want the test, I don’t care about the support. Child support said, Okay we will do it this way, Support and he has 30 days to have the test done and her Dr with the results. I said, okay.
Well he pulled a fast one, and said that he had that test done 13 yrs ago and that his attorney has the copy. I said NO, her Dr wants this test done now, things can change from 13 yrs ago and also how do we know if it even the test the Dr’s ordered. Well he never got the test done, so we are back into court come July 17th. My question is this.
If I’m trying my best to do everything right, and he is refusing to do anything that a father should do. Would he get custody of her? If so, how?
Why would he pay over 900.00 a month in support, if he is not the father? (so he says, but he told his attorney he is the father)
Should I just stop trying to get him to see her, and just let it be?
I can’t afford an attorney at all, I am going to try and handle all this on my own. Is that possible?.