Feeling Defeated

Dear EthynsMom:

Greetings. Cheating is not equal to bad mom, unless your cheating caused or may cause direct harm to the children. Not every adult decision affects children.

Counseling and anti-depressants are usually appreciated by the court, not discouraged - it shows the judge that you are aware of your issues and taking care of them.

Abuse is understood by judges. Sure those incidents would hold up in court. They are relevant, not to marital fault, but to the welfare of your child.

Stop letting him dictate your life with his threats and just move forward with your actions and take what he says with a grain of salt.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

ROSEN.COM

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I know I already posted this problem but I have another issue too. I had 2 encounters outside of my marriage and have admitted to my husband. He was given the names of both men. If my husband wants to drag them into the divorce, will tht affect custody of our son? That is, if they even admit to anything. There is no proof other than my admittance.
My other problem is that I am currently in counciling for depression and throught the course if my marriage, have had to go on anti-depressants. I am fine now and no longer on any meds. I am still in counciling. Also, do you think that he can get our son because of this too?
If he gets dirty, I can get dirty too. He hurt me one night back in 2002 and I still have a photo of the injury. That same night he said that he would “put a fist through that baby’s skull”, referring to our son. I was told that neither incident would hold up in court because I stayed with him. I do nto want him to have full custody of our son! Any thoughts about this?