Found out husband cheats pt 2

Dear LadyL:

Greetings. No, you cannot change the locks if he is still living there with you. You will have to either move, negotiate with him to move, possibly file for child support (if you have children together), or file a litigation action against him. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My name is the only name on my lease. All the utilities are in my name. We own toghether 3 tv’s, a computer, dvd player, & car. Can I change my locks? what can I do about the car if anything? I can prove that in our 8 yrs of marriage, most of the tiem I supported the family. All of my car payment receipt have my name on them also. Please advise.