Future Ex Spouse withholding babysitter info



So currently in my one month out of 12 month separation for nc for divorce , i have been recording and documenting behaviors from my wife.

She has gotten some babysitter to watch my daughter inside my apartment but did not give info on the person in case of emergancy , i have laready told her i dont mind a babysitter but i cant afford it , is this something i should document under bad behaviors post separation? Or is this not worth documenting. With all the behaviors and hostility im getting will all this be a disadvantage to her child custody wise?

Also her conditional green card expires this year and i dont want my daughter to be at risk of anything , currently im still paying for the rent, so so my daughter can be comfrtable.


It’s worth documenting everything in the event there is a custody trial. You will then want your notes as to what happened and on what date.

Unless there is a court order or separation agreement directing otherwise, your wife is not required to give you the name of the person she has obtained to provide childcare during her custodial period.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.