Help me please!

Dear kagmz:

Greetings. My suggestion is that you have her contact the North Carolina Child Support Agency in your county. They can get child support for her and they are free (maybe a small cost of $25.00 or something like that). Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

First, thank you for taking the time to even read this. My mother has been seperated from her husband for 3 years now. He lives with another woman ans has since had another child with her. He and my mother have 2 children, one 7 and the other 9. He has in no way supported his children or my mother for 5 years. In the 9 year period that they have been married he has cheated atleast twice. He was very verbally abusive and even physically abusive to me (I’m my mother’s over child from an early relationshop) to the point I was forced to move out while in high school. She has asked him to start contributing to the support of his children and his responce was that he would come and take the children from her. She seems to think that he is legally able to do this being their father and she has no legal right ot stop him. She can not afford legal assistance and when I contacted legal aide in her area( she lives in Cumberland County, North Carolina) they said they can not help unless he files for a divorce from her. I am at a loss. My mother can’t keep food on the table or her bills paid. I am only 23 and live a very long distance and send all the money to her that I can and still it’s not enough. Her children and left to suffer and her husband is able to sit around, collect money for college, and make more children. What can we do???