Dear tryleigh:

Greetings. Well, you can hire an attorney in Maine to take up your cause and get you more time with the child, or you can agree to take the five (5) weeks per year. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


My husband has two children, his daughter’s bio mom is nowhere to be found and he has sole custody of her, we are currenlt looking into me adopting her, his son lives with his bio mother right now which is my husbands ex-wife. My husband re-joined the ARMY last October and has tried to get his son to come and live with us ever since. At this point in time I am pregnant and due in May of this year, my husbands ex-wife is refusing to let the son even come and visit us in NC from Maine. She has an attorney who says unless we agree to only 5 weeks of visitation out of the 52 week year, then we will not get to see the son at all! We don’t want to take the 5 weeks, we want more of course and so does the son of 4 years, but at the same time we don’t want to risk never seeing him…what should we do?