Homemaker seeking divorce

I have been a stay at home mother for most of my almost 10 year marriage. We have not filed for divorce yet. I have proof of him cheating in the form of receipts buying sexual and non sexual items for another person being sent directly to her. This information was obtained from his email address. Password given to me by him to send a email. I went to make sure it was sent and saw the explicit email receipt. We had planned to not get lawyers. I am not sure if it’s in my best interest. We have 3 children together. I am currently looking for a job to support them. He has agreed to give me a certain amount for child support it’s not much but more than the north carolina child support calculator states. I did not plan to go for allimony, but not I am not sure if that’s in my best interest now that he is spending money of other women from our funds. Which he says is all his because I don’t bring in income. I really don’t have money to hire a lawyer to get questions answered. Is the anywhere in NC to get get legal help for someone in my situation?

[color=#000000]Hi there, it really felt bad about your situation but its very nice that you are looking for income source. There are many legal firms that provides free consultation or consultation at very low cost. You can also look at these guys online and file for child custody and legal separation.

[/color]

Given the information you have shared, I highly suggest you at least have a consultation with a divorce attorney to discuss your options and the best way to proceed. Also, I would encourage you to consider asking for alimony. As a homemaker during the marriage, you are a prime candidate for spousal support.