Husband forged my signature

after 30 years in an abusive marriage, i filed and was granted an order of protection. from that moment on and all through after him being served with divorce papers, he has removed and hid all marital assets consisting of vehicles, trailers, race cars, tractors etc along with titles. i recently found out he forged my signature on 2 vehicles i owned ans supposedly sold them to a friend for pennies. can i file charges against him?

Yes, charges can be brought against your husband. You should first contact law enforcement in the city/county where you live.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.