Interrogation and request for documents

Dear shell64:

Greetings. They are entitled to most of this information, although if I was your attorney I would argue that the request is overly broad. He may think you are hiding assets. Just because he took everything does not mean that everything will be distributed to him in a final distribution. Sit down with your attorney and get a good idea of what the final distribution picture will look like and EXACTLY how much it will cost in legal fees to get there. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
NCDivorce.com
919-787-6668

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My husband is now requesting all legal documentation of assests. He has basically taken everything except the house. Now, his lawyer is requesting tax records for the last ten years, and just about everything for the last seven to ten years. I really do not understand the motive behind this. We have nothing left, thanks to my husband, What could possibly be gained by this , except more time? On behalf of my husband.
Please help me understand the motive of his lawyer.
Thank You,
Shelly