Is an attorney required to request spousal support/alimony?


Hi everyone,
I’m new here posting on the forum; however, I have been reading previous post for quite awhile… I would like to know if there is a DIY method to filing for spousal support/alimony and if so what forms should I use and where can they be located? My husband of 11 years decided one morning in late June that he did not want to be married any longer, that evening he moved in with his mother. We have 2 children and so far he has continued to provide for them; however, as of today he has not made our mortgage payment which was the agreement. At this point I can’t afford attorney cost but I really need a more permanent agreement regarding support in place. TIA


You do not have to have an attorney to file suit for support, but I would recommend it. If you cannot afford to hire an attorney to represent you in court, our Rosen Online service may be appropriate for you so you can ask questions and obtain forms from our attorneys without the full cost of representation. www.rosen/diy

We also have a form complaint available on our website:

You would need to take out the portions that do not pertain to your claims.