Just getting started

A little background info:
My husband and I have been together 9 years, married for 3. We have 3 children. I am a stay at home mom and he makes a comfortable salary.
We are considering divorce and I am concerned. I just got out of a 28 day rehab for prescription pain killer abuse. I have never been in trouble with the law. My husband will likely try and use this against me in regards to custody of the kids. How should I go about defending myself with this matter? How bad is this going to look in court?
Also, since coming back from rehab and discussing our seperation, he has claimed that he will no longer allow me to use our bank account. Essentially he is cutting me off. What rights to I have to our finances? As far as I am concerned, we are still married and he has a financial obligation to me.

I am just getting started with all this and I know nothing about divorce. I need to protect myself. My mom also thinks I should remain at my house so he cant get me for abandonment. Any help would be great.

Your drug treatment can be used against you in court, but the fact that you took action to treat your addiction will also be considered. Of course, if you and your husband can agree to a custodial plan, you will not have to go to court and air your affairs in open court.

You have the right to a share of the finances, and may withdraw up to one half of the cash in all martial accounts, and place the funds in new, separate accounts of your own.

I suggest you schedule a consultation with an attorney in the near future to discuss the details of your case and create a plan of action.

I would call several lawyers and ask for a free consultation. Most will not charge for a half hr. visit. Have all your questions on paper, so time is not wasted. If you and your husband can work things out both of you will save a lot of time and money .
good luck