Late Child Support


You could use the child support enforcement agency in your county to attempt to set up a wage withholding, but it is difficult to do for a self employed obligor. Contact your child support agency.

Lisa M. Angel
Board Certified Family Law Specialist
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, NC 27607
(919) 781-1741 direct voice
(919) 256-1660 direct fax
(919) 787-6668 main voice
(919) 787-6361 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


My ex has to pay the 1st & 15th of every month. He is nearly ALWAYS 5 days, sometimes more, late. I am an Administrative Assistant and don’t make that much. My budget depends on that money to pay for daycare, food, etc. I know there are lots of Dads who don’t pay at all, and I am lucky in that respect, but this is annoying. He is self-employed, or rather owns an incorporated business of which he is the sole employee. I don’t know what to do about it. Should I have my attorney contact his? Could we get a garnish under these circumstances? Or what about a bank draft/transfer set up for those two days every month? What do you think my options are, if any?