Late child support

My ex-husband is under a consent order to pay child support by the 10th of each month. He is habitually late. Now he is paying by installments with post dated checks. He says he isn’t getting any hours at work. Around the same time that he started paying by installments (which are still late), he acquired a camper, a new car for his wife, and allowed a homeless family of 4 to move into his home. All of this has occured and yet he does not pay child support on time. I am totally frustrated with dealing with him. Is there anything I can do to force him to pay me on time? How can I make him pay support through the court? Can I do any of this without hiring an attorney? Thanks to the ex, my money is very tight and unpredictable.

You may file a motion for contempt and seek a wage withholding order moving forward.