Leaving the home


I agreed with my wife for me to go and stay with my parents for a time to allow her to find new house. Now she has changed her mind and I am at my parents does she have legal right to live at our house for a year, and can she change the locks?


She may remain in the home until the two of you reach an agreement regarding a disposition of the home, or a court orders a disposition of the same as part of an Equitable Distribution of the martial estate. She may change the locks.