Military wife

Although I am not a lawyer, I was in the military. The next time your husband is abusive to your children call the MP’s. They will come and make a report, if there is any physical evidence they will arrest him. The report will go to his commander and that is proof in court.

Dear s james:

Greetings. You will need to negotiate with him for a supervised/limited visitation schedule. If you have evidence of his physical abuse, it is likely the judge will rule in your favor. Also, you can always request a child custody evaluation in court.

I don’t know if you can still live in the home, as I do not know what the military’s rules are concerning separated spouses. Whoever agrees to pay the bills pays. Bottom line is that you have not provided enough information for me to make a good determination.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

i am considering getting seperated/ divorced from my husband, who is in the military. he is abusive to my children, though i have no proof except family witnesses that wont look impartial. i am afraid for them to visit him alone if he gets visitation rights. how do i avoid this or get supervised visits? also i am in school and have no income. can i still live in our home after seperation? who pays the bills? is it true in nc you must be seperated before divorcing? thanks