More Questions

Dear Justprettynpink:

Greetings. I want you to know that many people are embarrassed by their spouse’s desire to publicly display the marital problems through their children. It is just not right.

Now, you can ask and should continue to ask. Put your questions in a written format and make your attorney help you. Keep a copy of everything, so that he has to answer for his bull-headed ways. Bottom line is that you may have to wait for the judge to make a decision. Best of luck!

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney at Law
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

Thanks you so much for your time…

Just to refresh you on the situation. We have joint custody with him as primary. He has just moved. Post divorce custody court date is approaching.

I asked him when we were going to enroll the children in school and told him I wanted to be there. If he enrolls them without me there(and not letting me know that he did it) what rights do I have? Can I ask to see the forms he filled out and add or make any corrections? If I have the children after school can I determine whether they ride a bus or get picked up? How do you feel the court would view his actions? I have proof that I made that request.

I have been involved and will stay involved with my childrens education (I’m an educator). I hate that everything is a control battle and now others(the school) will know it.

Thanks again for your time!