Mother and children moved to Tennessee


Dear Buck:

Greetings. I am sorry to hear about how far your children are. There may be some inexpensive flights from Tennessee to your area.

You can ask that the court impose on her the duty to meet you half-way (either on costs of transportation if you choose airfare or by having the children appear half-way between your home and theirs). I doubt that the judge will impose that only a blood relative can bring the children, as the case is between you and her. If she wants to hire someone or send the children on public transportation, she may be allowed (depending on the age of the children). Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


My wife and children have moved to Tennessee. We’re battling over visitation. Will I be required to drive all the way to Tn. I want her to drive them halfway, but I don’t want the children delivered by anyone but blood relatives. I work on the weekend, so can only see them one weekend a month.